Václav Fiala11.1.1955, Klatovy
Václav Fiala studied at the Secondary School of Applied Arts in Prague from 1973 to 1976. In 1976-1992 he organized a number of solo exhibitions of paintings, drawings and graphics. Since 1992 he has been creating his sculptures. In 1994 he presented himself with iron sculptures in the prestigious New Hall Gallery in Prague and wooden sculptures-buildings in the National Technical Museum in Prague. This was followed by a number of author exhibitions and participation in many joint exhibitions. In 1996 in Rožnov pod Radhoštěm he carried out his first work in the public space of the Memorial to the Victims of the First and Second World War, which later became an important contribution in the monument creation after 1990 in our country. In 1997 he presented his work at a large exhibition in the Old Royal Palace at Prague Castle. In the same year he received a grant from the American Pollock-Krasner Foundation and exhibited at New York's Socrates Sculpture Park. He participated in many international sculpture symposiums, which enabled him to work with stone, wood and iron. In 2000 he completed the Carrara marble for the University Clinic in Graz, Austria, and exhibited two monumental sculptures (Rotunda and Minaret) in the Mánes Gallery in Prague. He worked on residencies in North Carolina and New Hampshire. Between 2004 and 2005, he exhibited at the largest sculpture exhibition by the Sculpture by the Sea in Sydney, where he won the Sydney Sculpture Prize twice. Václav Fiala is the author of the commemorative plaque of the prominent pianist and harpsichordist prof. Zuzana Růžičková. The memorial plaque was unveiled on 14 January 2019 at the Pilsen Conservatory building in Kopeckého sady in Pilsen.
© Artotéka města Plzně